fredag 12 december 2014

One week, one army

This weekend I was going to the second tournament of By fire and sword this year, but there wasn't that many that could come this time so we decided to just make this Saturday a By fire and sword playing bonanza. Last time I played I decided to try the more cavalry oriented Muscovite skirmish forces as I bought some of the models for it at Gothcon earlier this year. 


So I started to collect the models I was missing to make the complete skirmish force. This would be a bigger problem than I first realized as boyar sons is hard to get a hold even from the producer Wargamer in Poland. So I started to look all over the internet shops for some one who had them in stock. The swedish Alphaspel. had ONE blister I needed four. Staffordgames had none in stock. But I found a solution in that apparently you could use some Polish nobles, so I ordered some. But I still needed some models, the solution came when I realized that my wife was going to Berlin over the last weekend, and one of the best internet shops in Europe is located there. Battlefield Berlin and their had what I needed in stock. So wonderful as she is she went by their shop and bought what I needed.

The second "problem" that I had to solve was that when I started painting I had just about one week until the tournament left. But I have managed tight painting schedules before, so I used the same technique as I used the last time I painted By fire and sword models. I mounted the horses on ice cream sticks and the riders on corks as seen on the pictures bellow. This makes it very easy to paint a lot of 15 mm models fast. So in between work and sleeping all I been doing is painting. But now I am finished and I even had time to take some pictures and write this...





Reiter rota
Skirmish sotnia
Skirmish sotnia
Boyar sons sotnia
Boyar sons sotnia


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar